Mac Account

whmwhm
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Several years ago somehow I submitted my name but never joined for a mac@ account. Just purchased a new powerbook and now have a reason because of iSync and other back up capabilities I want to become active in the use of the mac@. When I apply the way I would like I'm told name already taken. Than name already taken is mine. I signed up for a free 60 day trial and now am convinced that I will benefit by it's use. Who can I contact and get my original name as I would prefer to use.

WHM

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by whm

Several years ago somehow I submitted my name but never joined for a mac@ account. Just purchased a new powerbook and now have a reason because of iSync and other back up capabilities I want to become active in the use of the mac@. When I apply the way I would like I'm told name already taken. Than name already taken is mine. I signed up for a free 60 day trial and now am convinced that I will benefit by it's use. Who can I contact and get my original name as I would prefer to use.

WHM

just login using the password you used two years ago and you can reactivate it. I did the same, I had a trial in 2003 and bought .Mac in 2004. good luck remembering it!!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    whmwhm Posts: 50member
    Thanks I'll try that, just received e-mail from imac support telling me the same.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by whm

Thanks I'll try that, just received e-mail from imac support telling me the same.

Well I am God!!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    whmwhm Posts: 50member
    I am very happy to say that it's all straighten out. After several days of e-mails with .mac support and asking them to verify my original with my temporary account, they reset my password and was able to go in and reactivate my old account which I do not ever remember opening. Point is that now I have my correct name in the right order and quickly paid my years dues. HAPPY CAMPER. Just can't beat APPLE!!!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by whm

I am very happy to say that it's all straighten out. After several days of e-mails with .mac support and asking them to verify my original with my temporary account, they reset my password and was able to go in and reactivate my old account which I do not ever remember opening. Point is that now I have my correct name in the right order and quickly paid my years dues. HAPPY CAMPER. Just can't beat APPLE!!!

good for you, it's always nice to hear a happy ending.