Powerbook G4 Outer Case Replacement

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have several dents and dings on my powerbook and was looking into replacing the outer casing of the laptop. Does anyone know if this is possible and where to go about buying the casing for this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aniej00

I have several dents and dings on my powerbook and was looking into replacing the outer casing of the laptop. Does anyone know if this is possible and where to go about buying the casing for this?

Thanks!

when i dropped my pbook apple said it would take 600 bucks to replace it through them (and with applecare). i'd rather just have a small dent. so i dont know where to get it fixed, but i know its expensive.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I dropped my laptop once. The fall ended up breaking both exposed hinges on my Titanium PowerBook. (Apple has since switched to a sturdier hinge design). But, yeah, it cost me closer to $700 to get the case replaced.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    My buddy is having the cover of the LCD replaced today on his 15inch Al book. I found him the part online for $99 but we found a local shop that could get it for $85 plus $85 labor.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Ok SO I went on PBParts.com and looked around today. Tell me if I am off base on this, but the dents and dings on my comp are on the edges of the comp casing and along the sides, so would the replacements I need be the bottom hald and top half of the shell that they are talking about on the website?

Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Where did you find that? Ebay? I'd gladly pay $99 for a replacement for my original TiBook screen. I've got a vertical single pixel width line of dead pixels across the entire display.

And I swear I sent a reply to this post. Did some mod delete it?

You can find new case parts at:

http://www.pbparts.com