Those needing speakers . . .

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just browsing provantage.com website, creature speakers for 50 bucks! And soundsticks for 100. Both version 2, the sort of recently updated ones. Just thought I'd pass that on since I have the creatures and know how good they sound and what a deal that is. Makes me want to buy another pair. Apple store lists creatures at 100.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    bentonbenton Posts: 161member
    I acquired a 2.1 set of rslspeakers.com. I read about Dr Mac using these on his desktop and thought he would not accept less than quality. For $60.00 direct from vendor these are a very good value at this price point. I know it can be nearly impossible sampling multimedia speakers side by side. So we rely on hearsay as I did. Take a look and see what you think.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Woohoo!

Just ordered a set of white creatures. I've been looking at getting them, but never really "needed" 'em 'cause my speakers are fine right now, but at this price it's worth it.

Shipping was a little expensive though.

Thanks for the heads up!

They'll go great with my iMac G5 and iPod photo.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Meeces

Just browsing provantage.com website, creature speakers for 50 bucks! And soundsticks for 100. Both version 2, the sort of recently updated ones. Just thought I'd pass that on since I have the creatures and know how good they sound and what a deal that is. Makes me want to buy another pair. Apple store lists creatures at 100.

Well, i am in the hall to buy the JBL "on Stage" system.

I like the design and i like JBL for providing us with

great speaker systems.

Well how does the "on Stage" sound compared to

"Creatures".

Main purpose would be a mobile music "center"

for my iPod. Given that, there are other options, say

AL InMotion etc. How do they sound compared to

"on Stage"?

Thank you
  • Reply 4 of 4
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vox Barbara

Well, i am in the hall to buy the JBL "on Stage" system.

I like the design and i like JBL for providing us with

great speaker systems.

Well how does the "on Stage" sound compared to

"Creatures".

Main purpose would be a mobile music "center"

for my iPod. Given that, there are other options, say

AL InMotion etc. How do they sound compared to

"on Stage"?

Thank you

I had the iM3minis for my iPod mini and they sounded really great on low-medium volume.

THe on stage speakers sound awesome, but you need to have AC power to drive them- the Altec Lansings you can run off batteries- they're great for travel 'cause they come with power adapters for different countries.