Nokia announces Microsoft tie-up

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Nokia, Micro$oft and US music download service Loudeye.

"Users will be able to download songs and ringtones to Nokia handsets equipped with Microsoft's digital music-playing software.

There will be a choice of tracks from international and local music lists.

Microsoft, which competes with Nokia in developing mobile phone operating software, will see its Windows Media technology installed on Nokia phones."

Is this what Apple and Sony should be doing (or already have in the pipeline)?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4264161.stm

j.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    No shock here, Nokias are some of the cheapest and worst designed,assembled phones in the world, I would not buy a Nokia for my life.

Go with Motorola, or sanyo, also, stay away from the samsungs on the low end and mid range. and LG well...I am not a big fan, but they are better than Nokia.

also: Sony tends to be pretty good. I just wish they would bring back the Clea to the US as a phone.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

No shock here, Nokias are some of the cheapest and worst designed,assembled phones in the world, I would not buy a Nokia for my life.

Go with Motorola, or sanyo, also, stay away from the samsungs on the low end and mid range. and LG well...I am not a big fan, but they are better than Nokia.

also: Sony tends to be pretty good. I just wish they would bring back the Clea to the US as a phone.

Sanyo I wouldn't touch for any electronics and I agree Samsung is lousy. Too many faults and software that lacks polish. LG, Panasonic, none of them do a really great job. Last I had a Motorola it had a very slow interface, which I disliked immensely.

Sony Ericsson is certainly the closest but in terms of ease of use and reliability I've never seen anybody beat Nokia. They do make cheap phones in more recent years, or at least they overprice what they do make. This will push me straight to Sony Ericsson for my next phone I'd say.