Problem Trying To Connect HP PSC 2710 To Communicate With Airport

whmwhm
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My first attempt to hook up wireless printer is becoming very frustrated. Purchased HP Photosmart PSC 2710 to use in home with two separate G4 PowerBooks. Using a new Airport Extreme with an additional Airport Express downstairs to spread signal, very happy with that part. Going strictly by the installation booklet get all the way to the section where you enter the security of you wireless network. Printer picks up Airport signal and shows name in the graphic display screen. My wireless security is 40 bit WEP and I'm entering in my password but after a few minutes the display screen say cannot correct to network. For anybody who has this unit I'm on page 12 section c: Wireless (Access Point) Network. I consider myself at LEAST average intelligent and going by the letter and cannot connect. After speaking to someone else they say install the disc first. My point is why can it not be done as the instruction manual instructs? New or not might be thrown out upstairs window..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    whmwhm Posts: 50member
    After several attempts, the only way I could get a wireless connection to Airport Extreme was to turn off the security . Is this normal? The HP 2710 is an awesome printer, fax, and scanner. Very happy with the print quality but uncomfortable not having the security code set on the Airport.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I set a 2710 up for my dad's friend. It took 6 hours, and granted it was a Windows network and Rendezvous on my PowerBook found it straight away, although that didn't work fully. Installing the disc (as we found out) first is the best way. The 2710 is a bitch to set up, it took 4 hours of messing before it played properly with my PowerBook
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

I set a 2710 up for my dad's friend. It took 6 hours, and granted it was a Windows network and Rendezvous on my PowerBook found it straight away, although that didn't work fully. Installing the disc (as we found out) first is the best way. The 2710 is a bitch to set up, it took 4 hours of messing before it played properly with my PowerBook

• Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks for your comment, now I don't feel so inadequate in my attempt. Sometimes the step by steps instructions just do not work as you may assume. I must admit it works great after finally getting it to operate.

Thanks