Powerbook 12" mini dvi-dvi connector?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just purchased a dvi-i - dvi-i cable (both male) to use with my mini dv-dvi connector and my powerbook 12" 1.33ghz but the cable won't fit into the adaptor - The right hand side of the cable has the wide pin with four smaller pins around it while my apple converter only has a smaller 'wide' female connector. Please help me!!! Have I bought the wrong cable, is the apple connector defective?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I'm having the same trouble. I have a cable that's DVI to S-Video/AV out, but it won't connect with my Mini-DVI to DVI adaptor. What the hell?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I've checked the dvi ports on my g5 at work and the connector is definitely different

Dunno if you'll be able to see em and can't checkas I'm on the same internal network as the web server but two (camera phone) shots of the apple connector are at

www.highergrasp.co.uk/dvi1.jpg and

www.highergrasp.co.uk/dvi2.jpg

If it turns out the connector is faulty could someone let me know how to go about getting a replacement - my macs still under warranty

Cheers

Dan
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I have discovered (I think) that the apple connector is designed to connect to a dvi-D connector only. Why isn't this mentioned anywhere?

Dan
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by hitby

I have discovered (I think) that the apple connector is designed to connect to a dvi-D connector only. Why isn't this mentioned anywhere?

Dan

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86507

The only place I've found on Apple's site - buried in the support pages. You're quite right, it should definitely say on the product pages that it's DVI-D.

Send feedback, I guess?

Cheers,

Martin.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    FYI:

Turns out a DVI-d to DVI-d cable from Maplins for 19.99 worked perfectly

Cheers

Dan