12" PB and Dell 24" monitor

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Would the video card on the current 12" Powerbook be able to power the new 24" Dell monitor (I can't remember the exact model number, it's the one set to release in the beginning of March).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    moazammoazam Posts: 136member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jon appleseed

Would the video card on the current 12" Powerbook be able to power the new 24" Dell monitor (I can't remember the exact model number, it's the one set to release in the beginning of March).

My Powerbook 12" 1.33Ghz model does a resolution of 2048x1536x75hz at Millions of colors, so yes, the newer model should definitely be able to do at least the same or better.

-M
  • Reply 2 of 3
    What is the performance of the Powerbook with a display like Apple's 20 inch cinema? I know it works, but some have said the Mac Mini does not do a great job with the display, thing sseem slow sometimes?

Should the Powerbook 12 current handle it ok though? Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    moazammoazam Posts: 136member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

What is the performance of the Powerbook with a display like Apple's 20 inch cinema? I know it works, but some have said the Mac Mini does not do a great job with the display, thing sseem slow sometimes?

Should the Powerbook 12 current handle it ok though? Thanks.

I run my PowerBook 12" 1.33Ghz with a 21" CRT monitor at 1600x1280 all day long. I don't notice any speed loss or sluggishness even when using Expose on 10-20+ windows. Of course, I don't play games on the external monitor though. I have played WC-III on the laptop screen and that works perfectly good.

-M