Selling my car. . . ack!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's something of a novelty car, so eBay makes a lot of sense.

The listing

I love that car. . . just don't have enough time to do what I want to do to it. I think I'm going to have to venture into the land of pistons for a short while. I might buy a Mazda 3, because it's cheap and at least I'm supporting a company that makes rotary cars.

I also am fully set on buying a used, 50cc scooter. That's going to rock.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    I've been lusting for a 3rd gen Rx7 for years now! Specifically a 1995 R2. You say you are sad to sell it. Was it as fun to drive as I have heard?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Nice car man! Do you ship overseas?

Seriously tho, those little Mazdas are sweeeet!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kishan

I've been lusting for a 3rd gen Rx7 for years now! Specifically a 1995 R2. You say you are sad to sell it. Was it as fun to drive as I have heard?

R2's are hard to find and not worth it. You can put a second oil cooler in the regular one very easily, and the R2 shocks are still a bit soft for track use. The R1 had stiffer shocks, but it was a '93 and had all the issues that accompany that year.

It was a very fun car. I used to "race" it on federal land when I lived in DC. (That is, my friends and I would time each other doing laps. . . pretty casual.) After I did the light modifications, it was even more fun. The PFC makes a huge difference.

I have vowed to buy a Lotus Elise and drop in a turbo-modified RX-8 engine as soon as we sell our company. . . ! (probably mid 2007 or so)
  • Reply 4 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    my buddy just blew the seals on his and had to get the engine rebuilt. but man are they a blast to drive.

if i had some extra cash sitting around, i'd be sorely tempted to buy the car. only problem is the time it takes to keep these machines running in top condition.

too many vaccuum hoses.

you have a recent compression test for it?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

my buddy just blew the seals on his and had to get the engine rebuilt. but man are they a blast to drive.

if i had some extra cash sitting around, i'd be sorely tempted to buy the car. only problem is the time it takes to keep these machines running in top condition.

too many vaccuum hoses.

you have a recent compression test for it?

I have the PFC and "commander," (you can see it in one of the pictures) from which compression can be estimated rather well. Everything seems OK. It has the 96 seals, which are better than the 95 seals, which are better than the 94 seals, and so on. I was actually thinking about getting the motor ported, coated, and rebuilt, just because I was in the process of making a very fast autocross machine.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Update: Sold the car today to a guy that has worrked on them for years, and has owned 30 rotary cars. That's including a silver 12/95, so now he has two. Lucky bastard.

Anyway, he paid in cash. I put the paper band around it to make it look more like dirty money.