Cool photogallery software?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone know of some software or anything that I can use to make some nice looking photo galleries on the web with?

I mean- drop in full sized images and it compresses them and builds the pages. Even better would be I could customize the pages that it creates?

The ones built into photoshop suck pretty much, and iPhoto is out of the question too 'cause I'm not using .mac and the standard export sucks.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Learn a bit of PHP and use the GD library. You can set things up/learn/experiment on your Mac and then implement the final version on a remote server if they are similarly configured.

Big subject but easy to get started in, IMHO, if you've done JavaScript-like programming (scripting, really) before. More importantly, it gives you complete control although I'm sure there are also tons of freeware PHP solutions already, probably very customizable.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Learn a bit of PHP and use the GD library. You can set things up/learn/experiment on your Mac and then implement the final version on a remote server if they are similarly configured.

Big subject but easy to get started in, IMHO, if you've done JavaScript-like programming (scripting, really) before. More importantly, it gives you complete control although I'm sure there are also tons of freeware PHP solutions already, probably very customizable.

Yeah- there is a PHP application called "Gallery" and you can use ImageMagic to manipulate your images on the fly, but I don't really have time to sit down and learn this/install it on my server.

I'm looking for a cool program that just exports HTML + JPEGS.

THanks though.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    I like WebPics. Easy to use, outputs reasonably clean HTML, plenty of customization options.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Don't iPhoto and Photoshop do at least rudimentary HTML galleries?

I use iView MediaPro (HTML gallery details) for all my photo management needs and it does ok galleries. Mind you, I use my own PHP stuff usually, instead so I'm not positive these solutions would be good enough.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    i used to use JAlbum back in my windoze days. There is a mac version also. The stuff it does is pretty cool but if you plan on making your own template, it can be tough. Part of what makes it tough is what makes the porgram so powerful. It has almost its own scripting language so you can really control the template
  • Reply 6 of 6