What accessories/software should I get with my PB?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's settled. I'm buying a 15" Powerbook. This is what I was thinking of buying to go along with it:

- APP

- Logitech mouse

- Apple keyboard

- PB keyboard protector

- Techtool Pro 4

Then of course a set of 2.1 speakers, a photo printer, a 20 GB iPod, and probably an external HD if I don't buy a PB with a Superdrive and a case later on.

What do you think? Am I missing anything? Feel free to give me suggestions on good keyboard protectors or other pieces of software it would be good to have, ect.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    yeah what case are you gonna use to carry it around?

if your throwin cash around why dont go full bluetooth mouse and keyboard (if you haven't planned that yet) logitech has a killer bluetooth mouse

sweet

APP is definitely good if you plan to keep your powerbook past one year
  • Reply 2 of 4
    You may want Office 2004 and, based on personal preferance, iWork.

And, as for free software:

-Carbon Copy Cloner (if you drop you PB off a cliff, a backup is a damn good thing)

- FireFox (safari's great but it is nice to have a competent backup)

- TinkerTool (one of those apps you keep with you all the time for more preferences)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

if your throwin cash around why dont go full bluetooth mouse and keyboard (if you haven't planned that yet) logitech has a killer bluetooth mouse

sweet

APP is definitely good if you plan to keep your powerbook past one year

I'm not sure what case I'm getting yet. I only need one in about 6 months, so I'll decide then and probably make a thread about it.

About a keyboard, I'm buying the Apple USB one because it comes with 2 extra USB ports. Then I'm definitely getting APP.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Why don't you try this case and tell us how it is?

http://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?Code=5182

It looks pretty sweet - I had a thread asking if anyone had one, but nobody replied.