Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apologies if someone else has already posted a thread about this, but after reading this 'review' I just couldn't help but share it with you guys!

http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/MacMini2.html

Enjoy!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    It's kind of funny.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Funny in a not so funny way.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Funny in a not so funny way.

I read some of the other articles on there and I think he's got quite an effective way of getting his point across? I particularly liked his analysis of Windows Server vs. Linux ? where he 'ignored' TCO!
  • Reply 4 of 14
    asaphasaph Posts: 176member
    "When I consider that a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform"

maybe because you don't need to? was this hopefully a satire? I'm not usually one of those people who gets all heated up by computer discussions, but this guy really pissed me off. erg.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    It IS satire, and we've discussed this topic already. But yes he is funny.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:

If you believe Apple?s marketing department, the new Mini is ?smaller than most packs of gum? and weighs ?less than four quarters?. Well, we received our test unit from Apple yesterday, and let me say right off the bat that those claims are a wee bit of an exaggeration. Far from being Trident-sized, the Mini actually measures about 6.5?x6.5?x2?, about the size of two wonderbread cheese sandwiches stacked on top of each other, or about 50 packs of Bubble Yum. As for the weight, it feels about three pounds. Hold a Mini in one hand and four quarters in the other and tell me which one feels heavier. You could perform this experiment yourself at an Apple store.

You could....but then you would look like an asshole.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

This is where the first noticeable problem with Apple design arises. While there is a Mac-style ?donnnnggggg? when the Mini is first turned on, during normal operation the unit makes no sound whatsoever. This could make it very difficult for a novice user to know whether or not the computer is on. In fact, it took our techs about fifteen minutes before we realized the unit itself was operating normally and it was the monitor that was not plugged in properly. It turns out the Mini uses a weird kind of display connector on the back that requires a special adapter if you want to plug it into a PC monitor.

Are you F-ing with me? Theres an old joke tech support people like to tell each other about some nightmareish guy who calls and puts the tech support guy through the paces only to find out the machine isnt plugged in. The story ends with the tech support guy saying "you need to box this computer back up and return it to the place you bought it." Caller says: "why is it broken?" Tech. Support: "No, you're just to fucking stupid to use a computer."

as I read this all I can think about is this old joke.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:

Jorge Lopez is a DeVry graduate

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • Reply 9 of 14
    That is hilarious! Unfortunate as it may be, I know people who really think that way.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    It's kind of funny, but then playmaker comes along and makes it REALLY funny.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Man, how stupid are some people. This just makes me shake my head.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Jorge Lopez is a turd.

Look at this:

Quote:

If you believe Apple?s marketing department, the new Mini is ?smaller than most packs of gum? and weighs ?less than four quarters?._ Well, we received our test unit from Apple yesterday, and let me say right off the bat that those claims are a wee bit of an exaggeration._ Far from being Trident-sized, the Mini actually measures about 6.5?x6.5?x2?, about the size of two wonderbread cheese sandwiches stacked on top of each other, or about 50 packs of Bubble Yum._ As for the weight, it feels about three pounds._ Hold a Mini in one hand and four quarters in the other and tell me which one feels heavier._ You could perform this experiment yourself at an Apple store.

Umm, the iPod shuffle is smaller than a pack of gum, and weighs less than four quarters.

Don't you hate it when these "reporters" write stuff without checking the facts? Twit...

Quote:

While the hardware is about roughly equivalent to a Windows PC circa 1995

Is that opinion of fact? I believe that should probably read:

While I believe the hardware is about roughly equivalent to a Windows PC circa 1995...

Quote:

I could get a Mac mini computer for $499 and have no keyboard or mouse, no serial ports, no way to connect a printer, no PS/2 ports, no floppy drive, no 5.25" bays, no PCI slots, no speakers, and no Windows XP

Err, most people buy Macs to get away from Windows XP.

Quote:

This is where the first noticeable problem with Apple design arises._ While there is a Mac-style ?donnnnggggg? when the Mini is first turned on, during normal operation the unit makes no sound whatsoever._ This could make it very difficult for a novice user to know whether or not the computer is on._

A computer that doesn't emit sounds is a problem in the 21st century, now?

And the next sentence:

Quote:

In fact, it took our techs about fifteen minutes before we realized the unit itself was operating normally and it was the monitor that was not plugged in properly._

...Which just proves Lopez is a twot. ROFLMAO!!!

Quote:

Secondly and possibly even more glaringly, there is no antivirus program shipped with the Mac._ In today?s climate of non-stop worms, trojans and viruses, releasing a computer with no virus removal software is irresponsible on the part of Apple._ The OS X comes with some system maintenance utilities, but essentials such as a defragmenter or a registry cleaner are notably absent._ I would expect a Mini to get really slow and unstable within a couple months if you can?t perform any routine maintenance tasks on it.

ROFL!!!

Why on Earth is this guy "qualified" to write a review on a computer product? As pointed out by Asaph, they're not needed.

He then goes on to this:

Whinge whinge f***ing whinge: Err, there's no WeatherBug, Hotbar, DealHelper, whine, whine, whine.

Gee, a quick Google of: "mac os x" downloads would give a long list of great Mac download sites, with PLENTY of software available.

This guy already made his mind up that the Mac sucked, long before his mini unit arrived...

Quote:

When I consider that a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform--it doesn't make sense for me to "switch" to a Mac at this time.

HAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (and so forth).

Usually that is the reason why people turn from Windows...

"Oh, I'd rather just keep running anti-virus software on my Windows PC for now thanks".

Who reckons we should e-mail the poor guy a link to this thread? 8)

• Reply 13 of 14
    um, the article IS a joke, albeit very very subtle one because of some awesome lines in there like

"....OS X comes with some system maintenance utilities, but essentials such as a defragmenter or a registry cleaner are notably absent. I would expect a Mini to get really slow and unstable within a couple months if you can?t perform any routine maintenance tasks on it"

this one had me in stiches:

"Personally I find it annoying, but if someone doesn?t depend on emailing their coworkers vbscripts like I do, they might be able to get by with it"

*sigh* i am tempted to take it seriously because some pee cee MCSE people still think that way, what to do??

if you are tempted to take that article too seriously, check out this one:

http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/mooslimfriend.html

ROFLMAO warning: it's not very p.c.

• Reply 14 of 14
    Guys guys guys,

the whole site is one big p*** take.

OK, so the jokes are aimed at IT people, but that's all it is, a joke. Check out some of his other articles.

As proof, they also include a mock-up of the new G5 Powerbook that they reviewed at the request of Apple.

Cheers,

David