Ipod duplicates album when I rip a new CD, help!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm having a problem with ripped CDs on my ipod, I was hoping that someone here could help me out.

Yesterday I was ripping a new album (Jeff Buckley's "Grace" album, in case you're curious). I ripped the album just like I've done in the past (AAC @192). Everything shows up fine in itunes, but the album is duplicated on my ipod! (Meaning when I browse by artist, the same album will show up twice).

Everything else works and sounds fine, but this is a real head scratcher. This has happened sporadically in the past. Sometimes it works if I simply delete the album, and rip the CD again.

Sometimes I'll have the same problem with the artist showing up multiple times (Tom Petty in that case).

Any ideas, hints, or tips for this forum newbie? Has anyone else had this problem before?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Are you sure you didn't rip the CD twice?

- And you have a function called "Show Duplicate Songs". Click on Edit and its there.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    arnelarnel Posts: 103member
    You might also want to check to see if the album names are identical for all the tracks. If there's an errant extra space on the end of one of them then it will show up as a separate album, even though it looks identical!

The easiest way to check is to select the whole album, press Command-I to edit multiple tracks, and have a look at the artist and album name fields. If the field is identical for all the tracks, the name will show up here. If there are different names across the tracks, the field will appear empty. You can enter a name in the field to apply it to all of the tracks selected and fix it all up.

Neil.

a.k.a. Arnel
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Arnel,

Thanks for your help, you solved my problem! That space at the end of the album name messed everything up, but it's fixed now!

Aloha,

MD