REALLY stupid iMovie HD bug

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
someone try adding a title on top of a still photo in iMovie HD. you can preview it and everything, but the update button stays greyed out and the clip wont update. it might work fine with actual video, but with photos it's being stupid. i'm doing this for a friend, cause i dont use iMovie, but it shouldnt be this hard to fix. thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

someone try adding a title on top of a still photo in iMovie HD. you can preview it and everything, but the update button stays greyed out and the clip wont update. it might work fine with actual video, but with photos it's being stupid. i'm doing this for a friend, cause i dont use iMovie, but it shouldnt be this hard to fix. thanks.

click and drag the title effect you want to the timeline. This has been the same in previous iMovie. The problem I have is trying to get a PAL movie. It creates a new Movie and I have options for DV or HD or MPEG-4 b but no PAL. Anyone know?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

click and drag the title effect you want to the timeline. This has been the same in previous iMovie. The problem I have is trying to get a PAL movie. It creates a new Movie and I have options for DV or HD or MPEG-4 b but no PAL. Anyone know?

no. when i dragged the title to the timeline and placed it on top of my video, it would still create a new clip with the title over black.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

no. when i dragged the title to the timeline and placed it on top of my video, it would still create a new clip with the title over black.

yeah you're right, I can't understand it. I don't understand why I can't have PAL!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    That works fine for me. Unless you have "Over Black" checked, or if your transition is longer than the still photo, I don't know why it doesn't work for you.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

That works fine for me. Unless you have "Over Black" checked, or if your transition is longer than the still photo, I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

are you using the 5.0.1 update cos it still doesn't work on mine.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    The only think I can think of is that you can't put the title directly on top of the photo, you have to drag it in front of the photo so the photo moves over to make room for it. If you put it on top of the photo, for some reason it puts it behind it, and if you don't have anything behind the photo, it will just put it over black.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

The only think I can think of is that you can't put the title directly on top of the photo, you have to drag it in front of the photo so the photo moves over to make room for it. If you put it on top of the photo, for some reason it puts it behind it, and if you don't have anything behind the photo, it will just put it over black.

nope, after, before or on ands it does the same. Just puts the title over black. I think i'll delete prefs and try again.