"printing" PDFs from Adobe InDesign

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm sitting in my Media Design class and the instructor and I would like to use the print system to save a PDF like everywhere else in OSX. Has this been locked out of InDesign? Is it inherently a problem for large format stuff? Is it just that we've missed something? Anyone else encounter this? Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Guartho

I'm sitting in my Media Design class and the instructor and I would like to use the print system to save a PDF like everywhere else in OSX. Has this been locked out of InDesign? Is it inherently a problem for large format stuff? Is it just that we've missed something? Anyone else encounter this? Thanks for looking.

To make a PDF from InDesign, goto FILE>EXPORT> make sure PDF is selected at the bottom and enter the name you'd like to call it. You will then be taken to a control panel to set the compression setting etc.

If you just want to do a quicky, then goto FILE>PDF export presets, and select the type of PDF you'd like to use.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Hey, thanks! Now I can keep copies of my finished projects for non-InDesign equipped Mac. Incidentally, when I showed my instructor how to do it she said "Oh, yeah, I knew you could do that." So I think she misundertood when I asked.