itunes- how do you uncheck multiple songs?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited October 2015
I guess there is probably an extremely simple way of doing so, but I want to uncheck multiple songs. I select all the songs I want to uncheck and then what? when I try holding down the apple command key and click, it deselects all songs in the library... alt does nothing and shift too.... lol it's probably some simple solution buy hey... I'm stumped.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    please use the search tool in the digital hub or this forum. this is honestly a weekly topic.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    don't know what to search for... I searched "uncheck multiple songs" and get results on how to do a smart playlist...

Genius Bar

Be nice - Help others with tech support questions.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    pull all your tunes (the ones you want to uncheck) into one folder, then control click one of the tunes and they should all be unchecked, not just in the folder but in the library.

sorry a member was a jag-off to you.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

pull all your tunes (the ones you want to uncheck) into one folder, then control click one of the tunes and they should all be unchecked, not just in the folder but in the library.

sorry a member was a jag-off to you.

i was just being honest. following my advice and searching would have yielded:

thread 1

thread 2

don't me a "jag-off" if what i'm saying is helpful and true.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Dude you're being a smug prick in this thread just like in mine. You know eactly what you're doing. Why do you even post in this forum? It's for help, not for boosting your own ego by calling everyone else dumb. There's PoliticalOutsider for that.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i was just being honest. following my advice and searching would have yielded:

thread 1

thread 2

don't me a "jag-off" if what i'm saying is helpful and true.

well if i had a dime for every useless piece of shit thread you ever started.....

you took time out, to post to this thread to be rude and elitest, you jag-off.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

well if i had a dime for every useless piece of shit thread you ever started.....

start at the bottom of this page and go through the next few pages to see all the "useless" threads i've started.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

ok people chill out. This thread has been covered recently but it isn't technical so let's all calm down and be nice. Command clicking un-ticks all songs in the playlist - as somebody said. If the solution is this simple it's easier to answer than to search.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

start at the bottom of this page and go through the next few pages to see all the "useless" threads i've started.

wow almost 300, i apologize you should be very proud.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    thanks!

But no need to squabble now yet then you knows. \
  • Reply 11 of 11

I've read the posts on this.

I don't understand the one about put the songs you want to uncheck in a separate folder....

ok I'm stupid I've been at this for hours....I have a new ipod touch and do not want all my itunes selections on it...on certain ones.

can I please get detailed instruction.  it's been a long time since I have used an ipod - I'm not a techy person so if you can please help

thx to those of you who know what you're doing and willing to share with those less fortunate (and old)