last code for Panther?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Unless Apple goes into point-point releases I would say this is there last shot at perfecting Panther before unleashing Tiger. Who knows maybe we will see 10.3.9.1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 7
    emcemc Posts: 27member
    No, we could see 10.3.10, 10.3.11, 10.3.12, and so on. They aren't decimals. we just tend to think that way. If we were sumarian and used base 60, we would not be having this discussion.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Or we could just use Base 16 like the CS student I am and say 10.3.A, B C etc.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by myahmac

    Or we could just use Base 16 like the CS student I am and say 10.3.A, B C etc.



    or use binary and make things fun for the non-geeky...

    10.3.1010 (10), 1011 (11), 1100 (12) and so on...but hex is also good
  • Reply 4 of 7
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    AAARGH not again!!!!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,656member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by kerryb

    Unless Apple goes into point-point releases I would say this is there last shot at perfecting Panther before unleashing Tiger. Who knows maybe we will see 10.3.9.1



    If Apple find lots of bugs in OS X Panther there will be another update (iTunes 4.7.1). If not there will be no need.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,063member
    As long as Apple doesn't pull out that System 7.5.3 version 2 Revision B stuff they did a while back! What were they thinking?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,656member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by JimDreamworx

    As long as Apple doesn't pull out that System 7.5.3 version 2 Revision B stuff they did a while back! What were they thinking?



    can't say I remember that. I only began installing OS updates after OS 8.5 Iie 8.6)
Sign In or Register to comment.