Airport question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have the original Airport which I use to connect to a music station. It works well but at times the signal seems to quit completely. I reboot airport and nothing happens. The two lights on the side of the center light stop fickering and nothing.

My DSL source is fine--it works fine on my main computer --but Airport seems dead.

Then suddenly it starts again -----seemingly spontaneously. Obviously something is interfering with my signal.

Any suggestions??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammick

I have the original Airport which I use to connect to a music station. It works well but at times the signal seems to quit completely. I reboot airport and nothing happens. The two lights on the side of the center light stop fickering and nothing.

My DSL source is fine--it works fine on my main computer --but Airport seems dead.

Then suddenly it starts again -----seemingly spontaneously. Obviously something is interfering with my signal.

Any suggestions??

is there any electrical equipment near the base station? Do you use bluetooth, wireless mice, etc?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    There is no electrical equip near the base station.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammick

There is no electrical equip near the base station.

It seems hardware rather than software. Why don't you take it in to Apple to have a look at?