Who Is spymac?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hmmm...

Created August 13, 2001?

Admin Herr Bengy April?

Email [email protected]?

Do I smell a fish? Is somebody having fun?

You decide. From Verisign Who Is.

JeffM.

domaint\t\t\tspymac.com

createdt\t\tAug 13 2001

last-changedt\t\tDec 24 2001

registration-expirationtAug 13 2002

nservert\t\tns3.kundenserver.de

nservert\t\tns4.kundenserver.de

registrant-titlet\tHerr

registrant-firstnamet\tBengy

registrant-lastnamet\tApril

registrant-streett\t292 7th Avenve South

registrant-pcodet\tT1J1H7

registrant-cityt\tLethbridge, Alberta

registrant-ccodet\tCA

registrant-phonet\t+1 4033173141

registrant-faxt\t\t+1 5092776070

registrant-emailt\[email protected]

admin-c-titlet\t\tHerr

admin-c-firstnamet\tBengy

admin-c-lastnamet\tApril

admin-c-streett\t\t292 7th Avenve South

admin-c-pcodet\t\tT1J1H7

admin-c-cityt\t\tLethbridge, Alberta

admin-c-ccodet\t\tCA

admin-c-phonet\t\t+1 4033173141

admin-c-faxt\t\t+1 5092776070

admin-c-emailt\t\[email protected]

tech-c-titlet\t\tHerr

tech-c-firstnamet\tHolger

tech-c-lastnamet\tEhlis

tech-c-organizationt\tEhlis Design

tech-c-streett\t\tSchlepenpohl 6

tech-c-pcodet\t\t42859

tech-c-cityt\t\tRemscheid

tech-c-ccodet\t\tDE

tech-c-phonet\t\t+49 2191385318

tech-c-faxt\t\t+49 2191791872

tech-c-emailt\t\[email protected]

zone-c-titlet\t\tHerr

zone-c-firstnamet\tHolger

zone-c-lastnamet\tEhlis

zone-c-organizationt\tEhlis Design

zone-c-streett\t\tSchlepenpohl 6

zone-c-pcodet\t\t42859

zone-c-cityt\t\tRemscheid

zone-c-ccodet\t\tDE

zone-c-phonet\t\t+49 2191385318

zone-c-faxt\t\t+49 2191791872

zone-c-emailt\t\[email protected]

bill-c-titlet\t\tHerr

bill-c-firstnamet\tAndreas

bill-c-lastnamet\tMueller

bill-c-organizationt\tSchlund + Partner AG

bill-c-streett\t\tErbprinzenstr. 4-12

bill-c-pcodet\t\t76133

bill-c-cityt\t\tKarlsruhe

bill-c-ccodet\t\tDE

bill-c-phonet\t\t+49 721 91374 80

bill-c-faxt\t\t+49 721 91374 20

bill-c-emailt\t\[email protected]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by JeffM.:

<strong>registrant-phonet\t+1 4033173141

registrant-faxt\t\t+1 5092776070

registrant-emailt\[email protected]

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Someone call him up!!!

Anyone know German?

-Paul
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Site's in English. I'd say the Canadian probably speaks the language.

The word "design" (the email @ehlis-design.de) does not bode well for their credibility. I checked the website for that domain - simply lists telephone and email info. - nothing about what they do. Whatever it is, it leaves them with a lot of spare time on their hands.

-S

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: SpiffyGuyC ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 7
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Today's episode of <a href="http://www.appleturns.com"; target="_blank">As the Apple Turns</a> has a great explanation of the people behind SpyMac. Check it out.

Escher
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I have a theory... Spymac is really an Apple marketing stunt where Apple is controlling the flow of information about a new PDA. Hence, the "beyond the rumor sites" headline.

Why do I think this?

- SpyMac is too polished yet has no advertising. Who has the time or motivation pull a stunt like this without getting paid.

- They're collecting email addresses (for future direct marketing to those interested in an Apple PDA)

- The registration legal disclaimer is pretty protective of Apple's position (e.g."All content presented on this website, regardless of labeling, should be considered rumor and should not be the basis for any financial or investment decision, or a financial transaction of any kind.")

- Apple legal has not shut this site down since it's launch in October despite it's abuse of Apple trademarks and logos.

- The entire focus of SpyMac seems to be to build excitement for the iWalk. There is nothing else controversial on the site. A few pics of 10.2 (which Apple mysteriously allows to remain online), a few generic iMac renditions (which certainly won't approach the coolness of the now mandatory introduction of a new LCD iMac), a brief "skeptical" mention of G5 which seems to ask us to be realistic and not get our hopes up ("We are reading those reports [of the G5] with great amusement though, since they appear to tell us exactly what we want to believe, no matter how realistic that may be."

- The quality of the "fakes" is very high showing advanced concepts from Newton OS. Again, who has the spare time or resources to do something like this? Who would gain from this? (Answer: Apple would if they intend to deliver "way beyond" SpyMac's predictions.)

My speculation is that SpyMac is giving us info about what Apple wants us to get excited about. Conservative and harmless info about things everyone expects to see at MWSF --- LCD iMac, faster processors, information about 10.2. Teasers of an advanced PDA by showing us mock-ups and prototypes. I further predict, that Apple will introduce a PDA (not called the iWalk) which will be similar to but exceed the info presented on SpyMac.

How's that for a fun conspiracy theory?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jasonppjasonpp Posts: 308member
    Lethbridge : That's Dino country. Canada's only desert is near by I think as well. 50 miles to Montana (do they still have no speed limit there?)
  • Reply 6 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by JasonPP:

<strong>\\Montana (do they still have no speed limit there?)</strong><hr></blockquote>

They have a speed limit at night I think. I saw it in a driver's ed book...

I'm sure there is a useless fact site that will tell you.

-Paul

Edit: clarity

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: psantora ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 7
    If everyone would just read about this at As The Apple Turns we could put the issue to rest. Jeez. The guy is a graphics artist/designer who works for a German Mac magazine. His other website used to have all sorts of Mac concepts on it but he took them down because people figured out the connection to SpyMac. Its ALL fake people. End of story. Let it go people. Its over.