ibook 12''

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I was watching newlyweds(don't ask)and saw nick and jessica with a powerbook G4 12".It was BEAUTIFUL.I WAS thinking about getting a iMac G5,but this really changed my mind.So my question is:is the ibook comparable to the powerbook 12"?And also,I don't really care about the 14" because the pixels are kinda stretched out and I like the smaller screen.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Physically, the PowerBook G4 12-incher is SLIGHTLY smaller than the iBook G4. Just slightly. They're a beauty too. Under the hood tho, the PowerBook is better. Remember the iBook is the entry level model to the portables so it has a slower processor, smaller hard drive, different video card, etc.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    I bought an iBook in July 2004, and I upgraded to Powerbook in February 2005.

The iBook was a very capable machine, and I was still enjoying it fully. I just wanted to get the updated Powerbook.

However, don't let your original idea of an iMac G5 pass by you. Sometimes I think my addiction to notebook computers is a bad thing. I could have a PowerMac or an iMac, if I didn't love notebooks so much.

BTW: I also liked seeing Jessica with the 12 inch Powerbook. I thought that was very cool.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I have a 20" iMac G5 and 12" iBook. I love them both but if I had to choose, it would depend on my needs. I need screen space for FCP and Adobe PS so the iMac would win but they are both stout machines and would reccomend both of them.

That probably just makes your decesion worse.

Eric