2 iPods synching to one copy of iTunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi everyone, very quick question for you.

I'm thinking of upgrading my 2nd Gen 10Gb pod to a new 60Gb iPod photo and giving my old one to my wife. Am I right in thinking that I could auto-sync my new one to my iTunes and manually transfer songs to the old one from the same iTunes setup?

I don't really want to run two copies of iTunes as there will be a lot of duplicate albums. Is the manage songs preference (auto sync, manual manage etc.) stored on iTunes or on the pod?

Would really appreciate and advice from others in the same boat.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I have no problem doing that on WinXP with my iPod 15GB and my wife's iPod mini 4GB.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    vandewaalsvandewaals Posts: 450member
    I think you can set separate sync prefs for each iPod. You can set up a playlist for each iPod and sync to that list to avoid overlap.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    I do not know for sure but when i had a friends ipod connected, it started syncing and when i had somebody elses another day, it did the same.

If you would like me to test, you can buy my an iPod and i will not only test it but i will write you a detailed lab report summarizing my data and all that good stuff. And, to top it off, i will even include detailed graphs.