iBook seems slow

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My iBook seems a little slow, when using Word, and going to click on File, it takes a second to open it. I had a 10gig movie that I made on here but I took it off. I have a 30gig hard drive, with 20 free. Is there anything I can do to clean my hard drive? I have 540 mb of ram, and 800 mhz G3. Any help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by millsdude:

<strong>My iBook seems a little slow, when using Word, and going to click on File, it takes a second to open it. I had a 10gig movie that I made on here but I took it off. I have a 30gig hard drive, with 20 free. Is there anything I can do to clean my hard drive? I have 540 mb of ram, and 800 mhz G3. Any help?</strong><hr></blockquote>

If I were you, I'd take a Saturday to completely wipe your computer of everything and just reinstall all of your apps, jag, etc... I do it every 6 months or so, just to keep things nice n' tidy.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    O, btw, it also helps to have a firewire harddrive, or an ipod, for personal documents that you want to save (in case you didn't think about that ). Or a .Mac account... be creative...lol.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Word is a piece of crap. It should by no means be representative of anything performance-related. Even on dual 1.25's, that app sucks. It's because the MBU went and custom-classed everything. Or something. I dunno.

Brad?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Can I save my personal docs on to a CD, for example addresses from my Entourage accounts? I haven't been able to burn data discs yet. What's up with that?