iDVD-like in WinXP

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
First of all, moderators, I didn't know where to post this now with the changes and all, so my apologies if it's in the wrong forum.

Now, I'm trying to create some DVDs from a couple of old movies I have lying around [my own, legitimate movies shot with my own camcorder]. However, I need to do this in WinXP, since I don't have a SuperDrive and even though I applied PatchBurn, my Sony DVD-RW does not get recognized by my iBook. At least iDVD does not see it.

So, what's the best app that's iDVD-like [similar in features, if not in UI] for the job? I've been looking around but I've found nothing that I like. \

I appreciate all your help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

First of all, moderators, I didn't know where to post this now with the changes and all, so my apologies if it's in the wrong forum.

Now, I'm trying to create some DVDs from a couple of old movies I have lying around [my own, legitimate movies shot with my own camcorder]. However, I need to do this in WinXP, since I don't have a SuperDrive and even though I applied PatchBurn, my Sony DVD-RW does not get recognized by my iBook. At least iDVD does not see it.

So, what's the best app that's iDVD-like [similar in features, if not in UI] for the job? I've been looking around but I've found nothing that I like. \

I appreciate all your help.

• Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Iwannamac

I've read that now with iDVD 5 you can use the "Save As" option to save your proyect onto your HD and then use Finder or any other app to burn it to an external drive. Have you tried this?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    grahamwgrahamw Posts: 575member
    You can even do this in iDVD 4 using the secrets found in this document

German Farting Secret

Or you can just google pfurz superdrive apple to get some more links.

Mission accomplished
  • Reply 4 of 4
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Thanks guys.

I've tried everything and it does not work in my iBook. Maybe because it's a DualLayer 16X, I don't know, but my System crashes everytime I connect the drive. That's why I wanna do it in my PC.

I've tried Ulead DVD, but no, it's too cluttered and it keeps failing on 60% or smth. I'm still looking.

Thanks again.