Let's Break In This Forum! (Animated .gif inside)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ah, I love the smell of fresh forums in the morning!

I figured while everyone's discussing this forum's worth I'd sneak in here and start things up.

As some of you may know, my wife & I had a son in January. Woohoo! Go me!

Anyway, in the ensuing time off, I managed to take *ahem* a few pictures. I'm sure all you other proud newly parented people can understand. In a sillier moment I decided to figure out how to make animated .gif files. The following is the first animated .gif to come out of my factory.

So, without further ado, please welcome, Benjaminnnnnnnnn!

Well, what do you guys think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    What the hell?!?!? How come the image itself isn't displayed?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I think your son has a future in martial arts pictures.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I think your son has a future in martial arts pictures.

How come only a link shows up? I figured a .gif file would show automagically?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Congrats,

If you want a direct image try the vB Code button " Image"

I must check this out
  • Reply 5 of 11
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    cute...enjoy him at that size. Man it seems like only yesterday that my son was that size and now he's almost 3 years old. It's about that time to start indoctrinating him in the ways of the Mac.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Congrats,

If you want a direct image try the vB Code button " Image"

I must check this out

Yea I was going to say I know how to use [ img]xxx[/ img] tags.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

cute...enjoy him at that size. Man it seems like only yesterday that my son was that size and now he's almost 3 years old. It's about that time to start indoctrinating him in the ways of the Mac.

Right now the best part of my day is coming home and seeing my wife & son. It's weird having a little clan to come home to. I can't wait for him to become a bit more interactive though. He started smiling last weekend so it's coming, slowly but surely.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Yea I was going to say I know how to use [ img]xxx[/ img] tags.

Normally it shoud work, if the size of your image is under : 1024000
  • Reply 9 of 11
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    374KB is pretty big. We need to tweak the rules to say what size is allowed, etc...

But the (animated .gif inside) should let 56k folks know to tread lightly.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

374KB is pretty big. We need to tweak the rules to say what size is allowed, etc...

But the (animated .gif inside) should let 56k folks know to tread lightly.

OK, that I can understand. I keep forgetting that many people still use 56K connections. I haven't heard modem handshaking sounds in so long when I hear them in stores at POS terminals it takes me totally by surprise.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Time to start?! Dude, your running behind! First you start them with Babysmash as soon as they actually sit by themselves. By three, my kids had the mouse down pat. In fact, when my girls were about 2 and 4, they managed to reconfigure their keyboard to Swiss. Took my husband and I a while to figure out what exactly happened; never did figure out how (or why) they were in the keyboard control panel to start with.

And then there was the time my husband thought it would be a good idea to hook the girls computer (again they were about 3 or 4 years old) into the net work--including the printer. Along with all of the economics graphs I printed for my client was a nice picture of a pig. Fortunately, the woman I sent the figures to had a daughter about the same age and got a big laugh out of the pig; she actually kept it posted in her office.