Beck - Guero

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's been leaked for a while, but the release of the Hell Yes EP kind of threw everyone off because of the NES-wackiness.

Already got my Amazon pre-order set up, and I got the retail release last night and was relieved to find that it was just like the bootleg release and not like the NES-ified madness.

This album is greatness, people. I am definitely happy with every track. I can't believe the guy who pumped out "Loser" has yet to jump the shark 12 years later, I am truly impressed. (I also can't believe that was 12 years ago... holy hell.)

For those of you who have gotten their grubby mits on the leak, talk it up.

For those of you who haven't but are waiting, tell us which Beck album is your favorite.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    The ReMix on iTunes was one of my Pepsi downloads...

When does the real version come out?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Sea Change.

But it's too depressing for frequent listening.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I guess my favorite Beck album is actually the first. I have to say though while there are certain Beck songs I go back to he's one of those guys that I dig the record a lot when it comes out, but after that initial period I rarely go back to it. A lot of his material doesn't have a lasting impact for me.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I loved the 8-Bit remixes.

I've heard the album already, but I'm looking forward to buying the special edition CD for the Boards Of Canada remix (which I haven't heard yet).
  • Reply 5 of 8
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

I loved the 8-Bit remixes.

I've heard the album already, but I'm looking forward to buying the special edition CD for the Boards Of Canada remix (which I haven't heard yet).

Awesomes! I loved the 8-bit remixes too and am eager to get the album. I didn't know a Boards mix would be on the special edition though, so now I gotta wait too.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    I just heard 'Earthquake Weather" on RadioParadise.com yesterday. I'm not as hip as I used to be, but it did sound fairly good.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    6-page article on Beck in the New York Times Magazine

Among the revelations:

-Beck is already recording his next album with Nigel Godrich (like Sea Change)

-He uses an "Apple Laptop"

-Christina Ricci is the Japanese voice on "Hell Yes"
  • Reply 8 of 8
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    I gotta hear this ....had no idea son was comin out with a new album

Beck is crack