dual display and mouse disappear

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So I have my external monitor hooked up to my 12" rev C Powerbook. Whenever I unhook the mini-DVI adapter from the Powerbook it blanks out, which is ok, and then it comes back and I have no visible mouse, but I still select icons and start programs. Only solution I have found for this was to restart the computer, putting it to sleep helped not at all.

Any ideas on how to fix this and make it not happen? Really annoying. The mouse won't disappear if I do monitor mirroring instead of extended desktop, but that is annoying to switch back and forth.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I had this same issue on my Rev A 17" I owned recently. (Till I got my 12" Powerbook). I have yet to see it on the new one, but then again I am not running the external screen as often... But ya, I have had the same issue.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Oh yeah, it didn't happen every time. The first time it happened I think I didn't see it again for awhile. Then it became more common. I think it happened close to every time before I got my new one...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    this happened to me once recently as well. lil bug? quite annoying as selecting shut down was somewhat difficult without being able to see the cursor!