Movie-Sounds and Safari

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Why don't my Safry sound like in the movies when I search in Googles. You know like swirrrrrrooooocc-pip-pip.

I know this sounds stupid, but I like moviesounds a lot, and macs are fetaured a lot. Any input? Any way to make my Safari sound like this is apreciated! This is serious! Don't make a joke of it. I'm desperate here! Anbody out ther hwo knows onamatopoeticon?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    novalisnovalis Posts: 23member
    Sorry. I ment safari. My Bad.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    no i dont know of any way to do that. and keep in mind that although mac's are in a lot of movies, fake sounds and images are almost always used with them. actually, basically 100% of what you hear in most movies isn't real, it's foley and ADR.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    novalisnovalis Posts: 23member
    I Know that.Because I teach movie-scripts. .Can these sounds like this be replicateded in safari. Taht is my question?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by novalis

I Know that.Because I teach movie-scripts. .Can these sounds like this be replicateded in safari. Taht is my question?

Well, that particular thing might be a little offbeat, but the general topic of modifying Safari depends on what hooks Safari has that a scripter or a plug-in programmer could connect to.

Safari does not have a regular Applescript dictionary - it just tells you to use JavaScript.

Now with Panther (and with Jagwyre if you use an add-on from Apple, you can script the user interface of just about any application that uses the normal Cocoa and Carbon controls (MS Office does not, as usual). This is called UI Scripting and I will be posting a little blurb about my experiences with trying this out recently.

So theoretically you could write a UI script in Applescript that would get notifications when certain UI elements are changed, and the script could then play some sounds. After I post the blurb tonight or tomorrow, I'll be happy to help if someone wants to try making Safari sing. It's much cooler to script the System Preferences though. I'll be explaining that too. Stay tuned...