Basic help with iChat

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Im just wondering if it's possible to set a font on iChat that is viewable by AIM users. I have a certain font that I like to use and it seems to work only on my Mac, but other people who use AIM only see the normal black font.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

Im just wondering if it's possible to set a font on iChat that is viewable by AIM users. I have a certain font that I like to use and it seems to work only on my Mac, but other people who use AIM only see the normal black font.

they'll need to have the font to see it properly.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

they'll need to have the font to see it properly.

I mean color more specifically. The font seems to work, but when I put a color on the things it seems to be black no matter what. Are there only a certain amount of colors that AIM accepts?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

I mean color more specifically. The font seems to work, but when I put a color on the things it seems to be black no matter what. Are there only a certain amount of colors that AIM accepts?

Well I just launched AOL on my PC and it looks like it doesn't accept any colour other than black. You could try AOL for the Mac but it looks like your stuck with black. I'm confused that the number one Instant Messenger program is lagging behind MSN. Although iChat is brilliant.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    ok thank you for your help though, and the quick response. atleast now i wont waste any time trying to change it
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

ok thank you for your help though, and the quick response. atleast now i wont waste any time trying to change it

I just perfomed a quick search and couldn't see any plug-ins for AOL. You could always give feedback, but that's my only suggestion. http://www.aol.com/aim Sorry I couldn't be more help.

regards

MacCrazy