Cool 17"PB Pix

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
A guy (or girl) over on spymac has some great pictures of the new 17"PB

i thought the comparison between all laptops gives the best indication of size i've seen todate.

<a href="http://www.spymac.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&si=applefans&thumb=1&page= 1&sort=1&perpage=12&papass=&ppuser=8580&stype=2" target="_blank">here's the link</a>

red sox eh..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I think it is obvious that aluminium is evolutionary progress. I am looking forward to seeing the kongbook in the flesh.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    It's pretty amazing how thin the PB17 looks, though its width certainly accentuates its thinness it IS noticeably thinner than the Ti, just a hair, but noticeable.

The difference between the PB12 and iBook12 is even more noticeable, from a few angles I though for a second that I saw a 14" iBook, but nah, it's the 12 in all those shots. WOW
  • Reply 3 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    [quote]Originally posted by makrell:

<strong>I think it is obvious that aluminium is evolutionary progress. I am looking forward to seeing the kongbook in the flesh.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It is evolving, I'll give you that, but I don't think we'll ever see one made out of flesh.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    View all of those on the Spymac link, and more here:

<a href="http://yoursphotographer.com/12&17inchFirstLook/12&17inchFirstLook.html"; target="_blank">Link</a>

Where were these taken in Japan? Apple HD?

[ 02-12-2003: Message edited by: bperkins ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 11
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by bperkins:

<strong>View all of those on the Spymac link, and more here: <a href="http://yoursphotographer.com/12&17inchFirstLook/12&17inchFirstLook.html"; target="_blank">Link</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

What can I say? Outrageously cool! Geeky too!

Those pictures confirm my desire for a 12-inch PowerBook. But all the reports of trouble with the trackpads (e.g. on MacInTouch and MacNN) have strengthened my decision to wait for Rev.B as well.

Escher
  • Reply 6 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>

It is evolving, I'll give you that, but I don't think we'll ever see one made out of flesh.</strong><hr></blockquote>

hihihi
  • Reply 7 of 11
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Hmm, the first picture made me think that Lapzilla maybe wasn't so huge after all, but... hey, are those just really small Japanese guys?
  • Reply 8 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Overhope:

<strong>Hmm, the first picture made me think that Lapzilla maybe wasn't so huge after all, but... hey, are those just really small Japanese guys?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It really isn't that large. Try making a mockup in cardboard, and imagine it weighing 3,2kg.

Not too large, and with a 17" screen you won't need a desktop.

You don't have to compromise to be mobile. You might have to compromise a bit on mobility, it all depends, but not on your computing.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    That's it. I'm just going to start collecting Apple laptops. Where did I put my credit card last...?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Ohhhhhhhh....the 17" Book is amazing!! I could just leave in a glass box on display if it weren't for its amazing functionality....but I just got a Nov. 2002 TiBook, but these miracles of modern engineering are beyond stunning -- just beyond elegance. Like mentioned here before, too, though-- I'll wait for Rev. B, or -- better yet -- one with a particularly nice IBM processor inside!!

Way to go Apple. I am blown away -- wish I were that review team.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    The 12" PB made me like my precious iBook less and less....