Retaining Removable Drive Images

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
So... I have learned a bucketful of stuff you would do on the mac and how to make it completely customized for you, but I get bored with the standard image for removable drives like my flash memory key for example... aside from asking where to get one (www.xicons.com does justice for me), how do I let the computer know I want to keep an image? And does it have to retain to ALL removable drives or can I make it specific?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Are you looking at changing all removable media at once (ie the default images) or for a single device? It it is the later, then you change it's icon just like you would change any other folder's icon.

If it is the former, then you need to change the images in the System folder, and using a haxie tool like CandyBar would be a better idea than hack-and-slashing you way through there. It is still a hack, but a little more controlled of one.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Karl Kuehn

Are you looking at changing all removable media at once (ie the default images) or for a single device? It it is the later, then you change it's icon just like you would change any other folder's icon.

If it is the former, then you need to change the images in the System folder, and using a haxie tool like CandyBar would be a better idea than hack-and-slashing you way through there. It is still a hack, but a little more controlled of one.

Hmmm.... Brilliant! (Guinness sound) I could have sworn I tried that but it didn't work once before.... I must be delusional.