Dissapearing Keyboard and Mouse control

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
While my G4 PB is away being fixed at apple, my school lent me a computer. They lent me a 12" iBook G3 500mhz 256 ram running 10.2.8 (very slow as you can imagine). Anyway, everything was fine in system preferences and all that stuff but yesterday, i noticed there was no option for keyboard and mouse all of the sudden. It was definitly there the other day.

I tried finding a help article and using that to open the keyboard and mouse preference but it couldn't do it. I also tried opeing it from the View menu of system preferences. didn't work.

The only thing i found using google was that Apple combined the the Keyboard and the Mouse pref with 10.2.8 but nothing about it mysteriously disappearing. Any help would be truly appreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Try looking in:

HardDisk>System>Library>PreferencePanes>Keyboard.p refPane double click on it and it should open it up in system preferences.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    i did that but it did not open it up in system prefs. It did open system pres but it went to the main app window and there was still no option.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

i did that but it did not open it up in system prefs. It did open system pres but it went to the main app window and there was still no option.

try deleting: <User>>Library>Preferences>com.apple.systemprefere nces.plist then try opening the system preferences again. If not there try step above if still not there tell me!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

try deleting: <User>>Library>Preferences>com.apple.systemprefere nces.plist then try opening the system preferences again. If not there try step above if still not there tell me!

That did not work and when i went to do the step above, none of the files were there ( i think i was doing it the same way)
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

That did not work and when i went to do the step above, none of the files were there ( i think i was doing it the same way)

try a permissions repair and a combo updater (I know you're already on the most recent Jaguar but it should fix your problem).