PowerBook questions

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a choice between a 800megz. iBook for $1500 or a 1 year old 667megz. TiBook for $1600. Either of thse I can get but I do have a few questions. Which would be a better investment? I can get either but I would like some opnions about which one would last longer, faster, etc...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Get a 12" PowerBook for $1800. If you can do $1600, you'd be much better paying an extra $200 for the new computer.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I thought of that but I want a larger screen then 12". So which would be better? I need to decide by Saturday.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Unless you need AltiVec get the iBook.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    if the 667 ti is a year old...it is probably not the DVI-model...(the one with the better screen resolution). In other words, you can see the same amount of info on the newer 12" screens. (ibook/12"powerbook)
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Get the 667 Powerbook I sold my 600 ibook last month and Im glad I did. The screen, the speed and the resell value will be worth it down the road. I love my 667 and I paid 1794 for it but this was the DVI model too with Jag 10.2 and 512 Ram also. The G3 is dead (RIP)

[ 02-12-2003: Message edited by: Me and my son ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Powerbooks will hold their value longer because of all the extra stuff, and the bigger screen is money in the bank. If it has a DVI out port then I would say go for it for sure. Thats my opinion and I have ibook 600. I sure could use some altivec help out with imovie