Shipping delays: current powerbook must be selling like crazy!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
A quick check all over the AppleStore world yield a consisten picture: the current PowerBooks have shipping delays, most prominently the PBG4 12". When they initially appreared they did ship in 24h (at least mine did).

They must be selling good -- I like it!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    I bet it has more to do with the trackpad defects than anything else. They're testing them. That's what I think at least.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

I bet it has more to do with the trackpad defects than anything else. They're testing them. That's what I think at least.

My trackpad works nicely. But to be honest I did like the old one together witch SideTrack a bit better!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cj3209cj3209 Posts: 158member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

My trackpad works nicely. But to be honest I did like the old one together witch SideTrack a bit better!

From our experience at work, the new trackpad on our 15" works FLAWLESSLY and we like it much better than the old one with Sidetrack (it's more responsive); I'm very surprised that people are having problems but it's to be expected with every new revision. I guess we got lucky.

• Reply 4 of 5
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    My 12" Powerbook's trackpad works flawlessly as well. I'm sure Apple is not holding up the Pbooks because of the trackpad. After all, the 17" they have on 24 hours, and I've actually heard more complaints about the 17" trackpad.

I think the original idea that the new Pbooks are in a pretty good demand are correct.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

[...]I think the original idea that the new Pbooks are in a pretty good demand are correct.

There may be a good reason for that: while all PowerBook are pretty competitive compared to equivalent WinTel offeringes, the 12" PBG4 is way cheaper then anything (except absolute no-name products) in the PC-World! Small WinTel notebooks are either slow/featureless or way too expensive. For example look at the Dell offering (x300/d410)!