When on God's Green Earth will they put an Apple Store in...Brooklyn

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am so sick of having to carry out a military movement to go to the Soho Apple Store or J and R. I have very little doubt that myself and thousands of others would patronize a Brooklyn, NY based Apple Store on a regular basis if given the opportunity. The Soho store offers no parking at all so it's a royal pain. Of course one or two stores in NYC is better than cities that have none at all. However, are there not people that live in Brooklyn that have funds to spend on Apple product. Geez what are we, chopped liver or something.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Compared to Manhattan? Yes.

• Reply 2 of 8
    Ahhh man, that's just a low low blow and very uncalled for Let me step away for a bit so I can come up with a witty come back....still want a Brooklyn store though
  • Reply 3 of 8
    brianrubrianru Posts: 28member
    I think NYC needs at least 4 more stores. I'm near the one in roosevelt field mall and it's packed beyond belief. They won't take appointments for the genius bar anymore because it gets filled up so quickly. Most of the time you can barely walk in there. Though also the problem isn't people from Manhattan and the rest of the area coming out to the mall, there are just too many people.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    Where do you think in Brooklyn would be a good location?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    republicrepublic Posts: 168member
    There is a downtown, after all. If there's room in MetroTech or in the area around Borough Hall and Jay Street, it could work. Foot traffic around the area is pretty good considering that it isn't downtown or Midtown Manhattan. But I don't know if there's room for an Apple Store in the downtown.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    sayheysayhey Posts: 49member
    How about Brooklyn Heights? If I remember right, it was a great neighborhood for a Apple Store. Of course, I haven't been there in 25 years, so...?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    I think Apple should open a store at the Boathouse at the Pond in Central Park
  • Reply 8 of 8
    nyguynyguy Posts: 19member
    Quote:

Originally posted by brianru

I think NYC needs at least 4 more stores. I'm near the one in roosevelt field mall and it's packed beyond belief. They won't take appointments for the genius bar anymore because it gets filled up so quickly. Most of the time you can barely walk in there. Though also the problem isn't people from Manhattan and the rest of the area coming out to the mall, there are just too many people.

Apple has a location in Roosevelt Field mall in Long Island. Its never really all the crowedd and you can find parking. The Apple store in Soho area, or is that Noho, is always crowded. There is another store near my friends office somewhere on 23rd and 6th Avenue in Manhanttan. they sell a lot of Apple products. Anyone know the name?