Now 10.3 is imploding on me

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok, so I've been using 10.3 since it came out and since I got my new iMac G5 and never had any problems - I see here that some of you have.

But now, suddenly, its being weird on me. iSync will no longer sync with my SE K700i - it says something about the Conduit not working, this was shortly after all records became corrupted. I'm nervous about pushing it as I don't want it to delete all my contacts from my phone.

Also, DVD Player will inexplicably go from Full Screen mode to a smaller size whilst playing something - really annoying if you've settled down and are watching something.

ANy idea what's going on?

Oh ... and when is Tiger expected - I hear April being mooted?

Mike

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mpw_amherst

Ok, so I've been using 10.3 since it came out and since I got my new iMac G5 and never had any problems - I see here that some of you have.

But now, suddenly, its being weird on me. iSync will no longer sync with my SE K700i - it says something about the Conduit not working, this was shortly after all records became corrupted. I'm nervous about pushing it as I don't want it to delete all my contacts from my phone.

Also, DVD Player will inexplicably go from Full Screen mode to a smaller size whilst playing something - really annoying if you've settled down and are watching something.

ANy idea what's going on?

Oh ... and when is Tiger expected - I hear April being mooted?

Mike

Fresh reinstall of 10.3, update to 10.3.8, see how it goes.

Don't worry about losing your AddressBook data, because when you reinstall, iSync should pull all the numbers from your SE K700i -- but hmm... is your SE phone records 'corrupted' as well or just on your iMac?

Good luck. Currently I am without broadband for 2+ weeks and counting I feel your pain, peoples...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I agree, something's amiss with your 10.3.8 installation. After doing a Repair Permissions on your hard drive, I'd rerun the 10.3.8 Combo updater.

If the problem still exists, run your Panther 10.3 disk to perform a new installation on your hard drive, select Archive Install option and it will move your current OS System to a Previous System folder and create a new System folder with good code from the CD. After that works, run the 10.3.8 Combo to bring you up to the present, then run Software Update to catch any odds and ends that the Archive Installation needs.

At that point assure that your Address Book and iCal apps contain all the records you wish to retain. If they do, start up iSync and delete your link to your Sony Ericsson phone. Then, recreate your link (I use Bluetooth to communicate with my Sony Ericcson T616). At the first sync attempt you will tell iSync to delete all the records on the phone and pull the correct ones from your Mac. I've done this before and it works.