syncing ... to iDisk and generally

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok, I've reinstalled 10.3 - it seems to have cleared up the issues but I still have some questions.

1. I've just discovered that I can automatically sync my iDisk. However, how can I set up my system so that whenever the contents of my Documents folder changes this is reflected on my iDisk?

2. I still can't make my K700i sync address details with my computer. They're all on there, in the address book but never sync to the phone. They DO if I press the Bluetooth button in Address Book, but that merely dupliactes, rather than amends, what is already there. ANy ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mpw_amherst

1. I've just discovered that I can automatically sync my iDisk. However, how can I set up my system so that whenever the contents of my Documents folder changes this is reflected on my iDisk?

Well, you can't exactly do that without scripting something, but the easiest way is to copy all your Documents folder over to the iDisk Documents folder and then work on the document there. That will give you automatically a copy on your hard drive (Hard Drive/YouriDisk/Documents) and on the iDisk at Apple.

"iDisk syncing" means that the local copy of the iDisk gets synced with the copy on Apple's servers - if you set automatic, it will sync as soon as you change anything. But this has nothing to do with the "Documents" folder in your Home directory. If you want to back up the Documents folder in the Home directory, the Backup application that comes with dot-mac is the solution for that.