Keep Application Runnning?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is there a way to keep an application running, even if "command-q", or force quit, or File-->Quit is used? Basically I want this program to run 24/7 without anyway for it to be quit by anyone except a special key combination. I of course would like to quit it eventually, but just a different key combo that others don't know. I guess if there was no keyboard, all I would have to get rid of is the file-->Quit command. Maybe there is a way to disable it in the terminal or by something?

The reason I am wondering is because I might use a mac mini to have the dvd player app. running, and a bunch of different people will be using it to navigate dvd menus etc. I don't want it to get shut off, because people won't know how to get it started again. Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Keyboard shortcuts that can be changed are in the system preferences application (under keyboard and mouse). Unfortunately you can't change quit. If you're just showing DVDs could you not just disconnect the keyboard and have just a mouse. Turn off the menu bar at the top of the screen and then no-one can quit DVD player, unless a keyboard is connected.