Glitch Dock

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make this work?

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1009261/

Its supposed to make all new icons, and get rid of the normal dock and add a backround that stretches the whole screen. In the readme it says "To install, place the GlitchDock folder into ObjectDock's backgrounds folder and copy

the icons into the crystalized folder." But I have no idea what the ObjectDock's background folder is.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    So the end result should look like this

http://pics.nanovivid.com/screenshots/glitchMilk.png
  • Reply 2 of 5
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Just so I understand you,

You ARE on a PC running ObjectDock, riiiiight?

Much of DeviantART's site is Windows and Linux mods, often with mods to make them look and work like Mac OS 9/X. One such utility is ObjectDock, a (shameful) Mac OS X Dock imitator for use on Windows PCs.

If you are running Mac OS X, very little of DeviantART is useful except "wallpapers" or maybe also icons (not sure).
  • Reply 3 of 5
    crap, then nevermind i am on a mac. is there anyway to do this on a mac?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

crap, then nevermind i am on a mac. is there anyway to do this on a mac?

wait there has to be a way because that sceen shot i posted is a mac. he is on adium, which is mac only
  • Reply 5 of 5
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

wait there has to be a way because that sceen shot i posted is a mac. he is on adium, which is mac only

You'd have to use Transparent Dock first to get rid of the dock's background and borders.

Then use something like CandyBar to change your icons with the .png images you got from DeviantART. (I am assuming CandyBar handles .pngs)

Add the background to your Pictures folder and set is as your desktop.

Then just add MaxThemes's MILK.

Not sure what else you'd need to do.

Of course you'll never remember what icon is what app but that's not my problem, have fun