Unbind Active Directory

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Can anyone tell me how to force unbind Active Directory? (I have admin rights to my mac and to the server (Win2003)).

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    karl kuehnkarl kuehn Posts: 756member
    Your question is a little unclear... soo... Are you just trying not to bid to an ActiveDirectory server for authentication? Then the answer is to just use /Applications/Utilities/Directory Access and turn off the Active Directory binding.

Is that what you are looking for?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    octaneoctane Posts: 157member
    I was experimenting with active directory and created a temporary user on my mac and on the server. I bound active directory but then removed the user from my computer. The user was still on the server but now I can not unbind active directory, it tells me the user does not have sufficient priviliges, which it really does so far as I can tell. I have tried to setup everything as it was when I first started and nothing has worked. So I thought there would probably be a command i could use, even sudo something, in terminal to reset it. Any ideas?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    karl kuehnkarl kuehn Posts: 756member
    You are trying to disable it from your local admin account, yes?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    yes, i need to be able to bind active directory to authenticate and I can't unbind it on my local mac so I can input the correct settings
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Turns out the best answer I've found seems to be to delete the plists in /Library/Preferences/DirectoryService/. Restarted and I'm back in business