Advanced MS Word question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Here's what I'm trying to do-

To save paper, I need to print out little documents occupying only a quarter of full page each, but I need 4 of the same document on one page so I can print them off and cut them apart.

So...

Currently, I use a 2 by 2 table and copy the text into each of the four cells, but Word screws this up a lot.

Is there a way to set it up so it automatically prints a small document 4 times on a single page or it autoduplicates the text into all four cells of a table?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Not that I know of, but you could copy the same text onto four *pages* and use the standard MacOS X print panel Layout pane to make it 4-up the way you want.

That way Word can't screw up the table.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Better Idea.

Make the page a slide in PowerPoint. Use PowerPoints "Print Handouts" and you can chose how many you want per page etc.

Very easy, Very fast.

In fact, in the time it took me to post this, I was able to take a 1 page word dock into PP, and make a 2x2 handout which looks terrific with only about 30 seconds work.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    Why can't you just print the four small ones the number of times and just put it together like that?

Other than that, i woudl go with the first answer
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the powerpoint thing and couldn't figure out how to make it print the same page 4 times on one sheet.

The OS X print option idea got me thinking that maybe I could make a master document in Word that references the same file 4 times then I could just edit that one document and use the OS X print option.

I'm still tinkering with this, but I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I should have clarified.. I just duplicated one slide 4 time... then it worked perfectly.