I was in the London Applestore yesterday and noticed...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
...that they've applied for an entertainment licence which, if granted, comes into effect on the 15th of April, just in time for a nice launch party with music...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    revsrevs Posts: 93member
    what on earth would that be for...

ah i just want tiger... now!!!
  • Reply 2 of 16
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    nice catch
  • Reply 3 of 16
    bwhalerbwhaler Posts: 260member
    Nice catch, indeed.

The 15th is a Friday. This would be an odd day for a release given it is a low press readership day.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    Cool I will be in london on the 15th I was going to go tho the store on the 16th (sat) bit I think I may just drop in on the 15th

j.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chopper3

...that they've applied for an entertainment licence which, if granted, comes into effect on the 15th of April, just in time for a nice launch party with music...

How long are they good for?
  • Reply 6 of 16
    ilawilaw Posts: 15member
    I was their yesterday, I saw a little piece of paper stuck up by the door but I didn't want to stop to read it, I did see something about Westminster Council though. Thanks for sharing that. Could be interesting...
  • Reply 7 of 16
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BWhaler

Nice catch, indeed.

The 15th is a Friday. This would be an odd day for a release given it is a low press readership day.

Wasn't Panther released on Friday at Midnight?
  • Reply 8 of 16
    sopphodesopphode Posts: 135member
    April 15th has long been the rumored release date for Tiger, so what they will likely do is to announce on Tuesday and ship on Friday. That's what they have done with several big software releases in the past
  • Reply 9 of 16
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BWhaler

Nice catch, indeed.

everyone always forgets the "night of panther" and "night of jaguar" events. they're on friday nights.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    deestardeestar Posts: 105member
    Just checked Apple Regency Store website and on the 19th of April the Stereophonics are doing a special event. That could account for the entertainment licence...lets hope the licence can be used for dual(dual) purpose.

Quote:

Riding high on the success of their chart-topping single ?Dakota? and number one album ?Language. Sex. Violence. Other??, Welsh trio Stereophonics will be dropping into the Apple Store, Regent Street, on April 19th to showcase live tracks from all five of their albums. The show starts at 8.00 pm but customers are advised to arrive early as space will be limited.

Tuesday April 19th, 8.00 pm

Apple Store Regency Street
  • Reply 11 of 16
    chopper3chopper3 Posts: 293member
    Quote:

Originally posted by deestar

Just checked Apple Regency Store website and on the 19th of April the Stereophonics are doing a special event. That could account for the entertainment licence...lets hope the licence can be used for dual(dual) purpose.

Apple Store Regency Street

That's a shame, might be worth going just to point at Kelly and shout "Oy Midget!" - probably the smallest human that will ever enter that store
  • Reply 12 of 16
    deestardeestar Posts: 105member
    Yeah it is, still there may be still a chance, you would have thought they would have asked for permission for Monday onwards, not Friday... Fingers crossed.

Quote:

Originally posted by Chopper3

That's a shame, might be worth going just to point at Kelly and shout "Oy Midget!" - probably the smallest human that will ever enter that store

• Reply 13 of 16
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

everyone always forgets the "night of panther" and "night of jaguar" events. they're on friday nights.

Do CompUSA's take part in those??
  • Reply 14 of 16
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

Do CompUSA's take part in those??

No.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Cool!

Probably on a Friday so the OS X team can party and still be ready for work on Monday. Otherwise the whole OS X team would be calling in sick with hangovers and pissing Jobs off something fierce.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    krispiekrispie Posts: 260member
    They must be going for a 'pub' theme day or something. Well, they seem to have booked a dodgy pub band, anyway.