HELP - iTunes crashes after Software Update

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I recently (1st April) performed a software update 10.3.8 and as soon as I connect my iPod (40g click wheel) via firewire, iTunes (4.7.1) crashes and all songs and playlists missing from my iPod. iTunes works fine in isolation. It seems that its a common problem as many mac discussion boards report exactly the same problem. I know there are various solutions with varying degrees of success ie deleting plists, reinstalling itunes etc but I don't want to cause any additional problems. Does anyone know if there has been any word from Apple regarding this problem and will the next software update fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    this is actually the first i've heard of such problems. i'm not really sure where to start, but have you tried hooking up with usb?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Hi, thanks for your response, yeah I've tried USB and firewire, both work fine in terms of connection. The problem is that itunes crashes when the iPod is connected. I've searched the apple discussion boards and there doesn't seem to be a definitive solution to the problem, please see link:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/we...63027.68a9d8be

I'm guessing that if there is a problem then the next software update should fix it. I've periodically checked but there's nothing yet.