Macworld = just full of cr*p OR have they been duped ?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I just got an email from macworld (uk)

Macworld May 2005 - OUT NOW!

The May 2005 issue of Macworld includes:

Apple CEO Steve Jobs reveals masterplan. Mini photo-printers tested and rated. New iPods, BlackBerry for Mac, Final Cut Express HD reviewed.

News: Father of the Mac Jef Raskin dies; Tiger shipping dates ; Mac mini team-leader sues Apple.

With them delaying the publication are they just guessing or have apple sold them a dummy ?

j.

EDIT: Mods please fix the spelling in the title sorry

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnrp

I just got an email from macworld (uk)

Macworld May 2005 - OUT NOW!

The May 2005 issue of Macworld includes:

Apple CEO Steve Jobs reveals masterplan. Mini photo-printers tested and rated. New iPods, BlackBerry for Mac, Final Cut Express HD reviewed.

News: Father of the Mac Jef Raskin dies; Tiger shipping dates ; Mac mini team-leader sues Apple.

With them delaying the publication are they just guessing or have apple sold them a dummy ?

j.

EDIT: Mods please fix the spelling in the title sorry

I have had Mays US macworld for 2 weeks and no mention of any of that - Go pick up a UK mac workd and dish...if it isnt on their website...

update and question

Are the UK mac world publications done by the same outfit that does the USA edition? this thing seems like a rumor rag...look at this
  • Reply 2 of 7
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    I looked for a copy today and couldn't find one.

I did once have a subscription but the mag absolutely sucked, It as at least 85% adverts and the other was reviews of software.

has anyone else got a copy ?

j.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    zenatekzenatek Posts: 203member
    I also have had that macworld may issue for a couple weeks. No mention of Tiger.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zenatek

I also have had that macworld may issue for a couple weeks. No mention of Tiger.

actualy there is a bookstore near here that sells the UK Macworld - but my budget is tight - and it is an import mag, so it is likly more expencive.

Surely this board has a Macworld subscriber from the UK
  • Reply 5 of 7
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Macworld is crap full stop.

I subscribe to MacUser (UK), as does a relative who I bought a subscription for as a present. I found everything in Macworld I'd already read on Maccentral weeks before.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bluedalmatian

Macworld is crap full stop.

I subscribe to MacUser (UK), as does a relative who I bought a subscription for as a present. I found everything in Macworld I'd already read on Maccentral weeks before.

Yep. Couldn't agree more.

MacUser is by far the better mag?