Your iPod, Mr. President.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
A somewhat interesting bit on President Bush's iPod collection. Nothing too surprising though.

NY Times Link

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

A somewhat interesting bit on President Bush's iPod collection. Nothing too surprising though.

NY Times Link

The most interesting thing is he likes to listen to the artists that don't like him.

John Fogerty for example.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    The most interesting thing is that the iPod has infiltrated the White House. Here's hoping Steve Jobs starts recording subliminal messages to the songs the president listens to. "Make iPods and Macs tax free. Give Apple tax breaks. Destroy Microsoft."
  • Reply 3 of 9
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    So I guess it's true that iPods really are "idiot proof."
  • Reply 4 of 9
    vvmpvvmp Posts: 63member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wilco

It's just a matter of time before the Prez downloads Green Day American idiot :-)
  • Reply 5 of 9
    asaphasaph Posts: 176member
    I think it's great that he can appreciate artists that don't appreciate him. I'm a Christian, and I think that marilyn manson is a very talented and intelligent musician. I find some of his messages tough to listen to, but that's life.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by wilco

Eh, I fail to see your humor unless you're talking about people making the switch to their first Mac product and then saying "Wow, this is easy to use..."

Why would it be interesting for him to listen to artists he doesn't agree with? I love Bruce Springsteen's music, he's very gifted ... his politics are a bit misguided though, and he made a killing off of his Rock the Vote tour or whatever, only to fail at its purpose. I still love Bruce though, and I'll still listen to him.

Don Henley and Dave Matthews are two other examples ... I loathe their politics, but still love them as artists. President Bush does the same thing ... isn't that the greatest for of respect, to admire someone for their work, even if it contradicts your own?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Jon Stewart picked up the story last night before Bob Dole's segment.

Clips may be up in a day or two.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Another important thing is that the iPod is now so popular that even the president has one. It's just iconic and if its success continues it will be remembered as one of the great electronic appliances of our time just like the walkman did in past decades.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    The real important thing about the story is that he downloads songs from a friend. That, my friends, is piracy. If it were Clinton, that would be grounds for impeachment again. As for the actual songs, he listens to whatever Carl Rove tells him will sound good if the details happen to leak.