Apple's Pages and styles

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is there an easy way in Pages to create styles to number you paragraphs ?

In Word I have styles like Heading 1, Heading 2 and Heading 3 that, once applies will automatically number the headings accordingly. Heading 1 will number the heading as 1., 2., 3., etc. Heading 2 as 1.1, .1.2, 1.3, etc if its inside a heading 1 with the value 1, and 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc if its inside a heading 2 with the value 2, etc.

And then i the table of contets, I am able to set it to show these numbers as chapter marks.

Is there anyway to do this in Pages ? I have been able to create a style in Pages with Tiered numbers, and then change the numbering by setting the "Indend Level". But the Table of Contents will not show these numbers at all, and I cannot figure out how to configure it to do so either.

Anyone here who has overcome this issue ?

Edit: Accually, this is also the issue with Word documents that I have imported . Word shows these numbers in the TOC, but pages does not.

.:BoeManE:.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Don't have Pages, but what happens when you create it in Word or OmniOutliner and then paste it into Pages? Or export it from the above programs into RTF or another more-compatible format and then import it?

Alex.