AppleInsider Forum Theme...

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Hello all,

I know this forum is run on the vBulletin software. I haven't seen a forum yet that has been so graphically customised as AI, and I'm just wondering how it was done. Was it a template that already existed, or did someone go through the vBulletin source and modify a heap of code and images?

Thanks. m.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merovingian

Hello all,

I know this forum is run on the vBulletin software. I haven't seen a forum yet that has been so graphically customised as AI, and I'm just wondering how it was done. Was it a template that already existed, or did someone go through the vBulletin source and modify a heap of code and images?

Thanks. m.

Hello Merovingian!

I can't answer your question but I would if I could!

While you're waiting for someone to notice your post, I'll do a little dance.

Tippity tap.

i'm tired, i give up
  • Reply 2 of 6
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    When I'm at work, the gray background of the AI forums melts into the Windows scroll bar. It's kind of gross.

I'm curious to know what forums you're comparing this one to, graphically speaking. There are others that I consider superior, both aesthetically as well as functionally. Try posting here using vB Code. I find it nicer.

--B
  • Reply 3 of 6
    One thing, this is only an ie problem, it looks great every where else. But the thread list view seems really wide. Even at full screen, at 1024x768, the thread list page still goes about an inch wider than the screen. And it's only there, the thread pages are fine, and so is the topic view. For some reason, ie doesn't like to wrap text inside the table cells, so it just gets really wide.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merovingian

I haven't seen a forum yet that has been so graphically customised as AI, and I'm just wondering how it was done. Was it a template that already existed, or did someone go through the vBulletin source and modify a heap of code and images?

The templates were all modified and the graphics created by hand by a former AppleInsider admin that is now an admin over at the other place.

Are we allowed to mention "the other place" nowadays?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Shiro Hagen

Are we allowed to mention "the other place" nowadays?

No, you must never, ever, mention AppleNova. NEVER!

• Reply 6 of 6
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    The poet did a lot of the work, yes. Not all of it, but a lot of it.

His new board is quite pretty. I don't like the bigger speed holes, but it's very nice otherwise.