I've Figured It Out

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Ok here are my thoughts on things. I believe I have figured it out.

Jobs will intro a new "iMac" on Monday. What many people think is the new iMac will actually be what the "Cube 2" was supposed to be had it done well. It goes along well with the rumors of a $1800 iMac. It [The iMac] is a consumer Machine and it is not reasonable for it to cost this much. It will have decent specs so it won't be a pro machine either, all it can be is what the cube was supposed to be. They couldn't have just tossed the whole cube idea out the window. Too much time and many resources were spent developping it. They're giving it another shot.

As reported at ThinkSecret Apple will be keeping the older iMacs as well. This would cause terrible confusion if there were two different looking products both named the iMac. This seems to be the only logical explaination for me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    pb g3pb g3 Posts: 95member
    Bump
  • Reply 2 of 7
    neilybneilyb Posts: 128member
    No way... what the Cube fiasco showed is there is no room for a midrange machine. There will be an LCD imac, but i belive it will be less than 1800.

NeilyB
  • Reply 3 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by NeilyB:

<strong>No way... what the Cube fiasco showed is there is no room for a midrange machine. There will be an LCD imac, but i belive it will be less than 1800.

NeilyB</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree... the mac market is too small for another mid-range.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    i'm betting the imac2 will have a range of 1299-1499 with a BTO or SE model containing a superdrive for, you guessed it, $1799.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    aphelionaphelion Posts: 736member
    I'd like to see another Cube. I'd pay $1800 for one like this:

Ghz Apollo, SuperDrive, 100GB HD, ATI "All-in-Wonder" Radon video card & TiVo record to disk
  • Reply 6 of 7
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    [quote]Originally posted by koffedrnkr:

<strong>i'm betting the imac2 will have a range of 1299-1499 with a BTO or SE model containing a superdrive for, you guessed it, $1799.</strong><hr></blockquote>

To include the superdrive they'll need to have a G4. Of course that could happen, maybe.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    My thoughts exactly:

I think Apple will have a new grid come Monday afternoon:

iMac (CRT)(G3) | iMac^2 (LCD)(G4) | PowerMac(G5)

------------------------------------------------

iBook (G3) | Digital Lifestyle (iPod, new device, iApps) | TiBook (G4)

Just some random speculation, my first of the day.