Go wireless with iBook

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hey, i'm new to this forum. i have been looking through several threads but none of them match the problem i have. which is the following:

i have an iBook with airport that is used at work and that the internet is used with there.

at home, i have a PC with router.

i want to use the wireless internet at home with the iBook, too, because, as for now, i can only use a dial-up; not the DSL connectiont that the PC uses.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kota12kota12 Posts: 2member
    i should also admit that i dont have much of a clue about networking and stuff like that.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kota12

hey, i'm new to this forum. i have been looking through several threads but none of them match the problem i have. which is the following:

i have an iBook with airport that is used at work and that the internet is used with there.

at home, i have a PC with router.

i want to use the wireless internet at home with the iBook, too, because, as for now, i can only use a dial-up; not the DSL connectiont that the PC uses.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

all you need to do is connect the iBook to the wireless router. Turn airport on and then select the network. Are you using a 802.11b/g base station? 802.11a won't work.