NEW EPISODE of my online comic is out!

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Note to moderators:

I know there's the "Creative Corner" but I think this is a better place for me to post

If you REALLY (REALLY) think this is not appropriate you may move this thread to the "CC". Honestly I prefer not to. But you have more power than I do....well...

Yay! After 6 months of "on and off".... Finally got the whole thing DONE!

Actually, I am thinking about making this episode the last public release and the episodes in the future will go "private" which means no one but me can see them.

Reason I think about this is because I find people are getting more unreasonable I am doing this just for fun. I take comments from people but just not those kinds of "blasts"

I haven't made any firm statement yet. My decision will be totally up to the reaction from the audience (on how they feel on the latest episode).

Here's the link to the site

http://www.3dcomic.com

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Great animation job, for one person.

I really like the wood shaking...

• Reply 2 of 6
    fawkesfawkes Posts: 80member
    Whoa...

Your pacing, framing, editing and camera motion are all really good. The artwork is beautiful.

Even if animation doesn't pan out for you as a career, you'd probably make a fine film director, given your natural sense of shot.

Keep up the good work!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    Wowsers lad, that is outstanding work!

You know Leonis, if this were a couple of years ago, you would have had 30 replies already...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Reminds me of the way that the Final Fantasy games start out. At least the earlier ones, I don't know about the more recent ones. They always had this sort of movie type thing that would introduce the underlining story of how the mana tree was dying, the evil powers were rising, or something like that.

Anyway, nice job with it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    nice work.. i could never draw or do anything like that.. so ive been sticking to my archery and music

good luck w/ it.. its good you have a way to get away from "reality". i like my archery b/c if someone is buggin you, you take their pic and put it on the bullzye ive seen the humor in it..

take care
  • Reply 6 of 6
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Knowing the amount of time and effort you put would have put into it, good job. I am very impressed.

Now for the tuff love.

You wouldn't get a job as an animator using it as your reel. The animation needs a lot of work. A real lot.You would be very good in layout (your shot coice is excellent, very keen eye - good director)

Overall it felt like an animatic. Not even a first pass animation. But I congratulate for putting yourself out there for feedback. You can only grow from it. Have you posted the link at cgtalk.com? If you want honest feedback, that can be quite harsh, it's the place.

But... knowing you did it all at home on your own, and without knwoing your skils or experience, I am very impressed and look forward to your future work.