Apple needs a consumer electronics big brother...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apple needs to move into spaces that include products that they don't likely have the size to control.

I don't think Apple will try and enter the photo/video camera market again. However they still need to control this market end-to-end in order to really boost the current move on all front towards broader moving image content, what with webstreaming, digital tv broadcast and Hi-Def all coming close to mature.

At the same time Sony has had little success with their PC line beyond their hardware. Their attempts to acquire an OS ended with BeOS and we all know how that story ended. I'm sure they'd love to move away from MSFT, who seem bent on competing with them head on - witness X-Box.

My shallow evidence pool contains only these two points:

Steve featured a tribute to a Sony chief at a MW not long ago.

And Steve wore a suit to MWT last year. :eek:

I think something is cooking.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Woah, it would be cool, but I dont see it happening...

If apple ever merged with another company (even sony) SJ would still want to run things with apple, no matter what.

-Paul
  • Reply 2 of 3
    bandalaybandalay Posts: 116member
    I don't think there'd be a merger - just actual, publically acknowledged, cooperation.

And tshirts too.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by bandalay:

<strong>I don't think there'd be a merger - just actual, publically acknowledged, cooperation.

And tshirts too.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmmm, maybe in MWTYK?

That would be sweet tho. An Apple/VVEGA TV with DVD-R all connected with airport?!?! THAT would be cool!

-Paul