[Moved to GD]: AluBook vs TiBook

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I want to buy a PowerBook right now but I dont know whether I should get the 15 TiBook 1GHz with SuperDrive or get the 12 AluBook.

Any comments or suggestions?

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Or should I wait for the 15 AluBook?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    rlprlp Posts: 21member
    Good question i am in the same boat. Cash in hand and ready to order. To be honest with ya I am just waiting for just about another month. Reason being, i am hoping apple can get the new 15" straighten out and shipping. If not 1ghz Tibook for me. Seems everyone is happy with the performance of it. Good luck.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    [quote]Originally posted by maczealot:

<strong>Or should I wait for the 15 AluBook?</strong><hr></blockquote>

i guess a 15 inch alubook wont be released before the 17 inch ship...which is march20 - mid april

all i have to say...cause there are no features known about the 15 inch...except rumors...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    I rather suspect that the longer people hold off purchases on 15" TiBooks, the longer it's going to be before the revised machine hits the shelves...

Realistically, the new 15" machines are going to have Bluetooth, Firewire 800, Airport Extreme, DDR RAM and the GeForce4 graphics set if they're to fit it the new range: I'm less sure the backlit keyboard will make it to this machine, so it's up for grabs as to how much of a real-world improvement you'll see over the TiBooks.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,261member
    Purchasing advice also belongs in General Discussion...

Imma boot dis mofo odare ryenow foy ya.

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>